www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <dani...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject documentation/6529: --exec-prefix option is not documented (in INSTALL)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:53:45 GMT

>Number:         6529
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       --exec-prefix option is not documented (in INSTALL)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The file ./INSTALL doesn't document what --exec-prefix is for or
what it does.

INSTALL says only:
    Use the --prefix=PREFIX and --exec-prefix=EPREFIX options to
    configure Apache to use a particular installation prefix.

Specifically, it is not clear what the distinct options are used
for (executables only? executables and libraries? maybe configuration
files too?).

>How-To-Repeat:
n/a
>Fix:
Say specifically what --exec-prefix and --prefix are used for.
(Or, if INSTALL isn't the primary documentation and I should be
looking elsewhere, have INSTALL point the user to that other
documentation.)