www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Stewart <mik...@juno.com>
Subject general/6518: Virtualhosts and a dynamic IP...
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:09:14 GMT

>Number:         6518
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Virtualhosts and a dynamic IP...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I am not able to get a Static IP address, so I use a DynamicDNS redirection service.  My IP
Address changes several times a day. Becuase of this, I cannot use a IP address with NameVirtualHost,
and instead use the hostname that points to my computer, kewlppl.dyndns.org. When my IP changes,
my vhosts quit working, they all default to the main server. Is this a bug? If not, then I
suggest changing how vhosts work, for those of us with no-static IPs.
>How-To-Repeat:
Here is my httpd.conf: (all host names point to my machine)
ServerName new
NameVirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "c:/netshare/public"
    ServerName kewlppl.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/public"
    ServerName kewlppl.yi.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "c:/netshare/public"
    ServerName stewart-wa.homeip.net
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "c:/netshare/public"
    ServerName coolspokane.dynodns.net
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/home/justin/public"
    ServerName themanwhosbored.shacknet.nu
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/home/randone/public"
    ServerName randone.kewlppl.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/home/ginanne/public"
    ServerName ginanne.kewlppl.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/home/mike/public"
    ServerName mike.kewlppl.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/vhosts/coolspokane.dyndns.org"
    ServerName coolspokane.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/netshare/vhosts/stewartcpa.dyndns.org"
    ServerName stewartcpa.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/My Music"
    ServerName music.kewlppl.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost kewlppl.dyndns.org>
    DocumentRoot "C:/download"
    ServerName files.kewlppl.dyndns.org
</VirtualHost>
>Fix:
It is fixed temporarily when I restart the server, but does not work after my IP changes again.