www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brendan Fitz <bfit...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-solaris/6503: 1. Cannot protect directories using .htaccess 2. Cannot access a directory using MSIE
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 16:08:45 GMT

>Number:         6503
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       1. Cannot protect directories using .htaccess    2. Cannot access a directory
using MSIE
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
1. .htaccess doesn't seem to work with apache 2a6 on my machine
2. When I configure a <directory><Limit> block in http.conf it seems to fix
problem #1 but only for netscape browsers. MSIE cannot access my protected directories.
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunately I'm working on an intranet so you can't get to my URL
>Fix:
None