www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ezine-l...@homeschooltimes.com
Subject The Homeschool Times - eZine - August 1, 2000
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 20:43:35 GMT

T H E   H O M E S C H O O L   T I M E S   E - Z I N E

(service of The Homeschool Times)

AUGUST 1, 2000

Home schooling families have an enormous appetite for solid and safe educational resources.

Unfortunately finding those safe resources takes the kind of time and effort that few home
schooling
families can afford to give. That is what this e-Zine is about! We want home schooling families
have access to the finest educational resources available with just the click of a mouse.
Our goal is
to serve the home schooling family; to make your endeavor a successful and enjoyable one and
provide you with up-to-date articles and outstanding educational web sites.

 - IN THIS ISSUE -
1. Homeschooling: Real Revolution†
2. Want Socialization? Home School Your Children!
3. Learning . . . In Spite Of Learning Disabilities
4. Encouraging Self-Motivated Learners

1 - Homeschooling: The Real Revolution†By Samuel L. Blumenfeld
"Homeschoolers are, without question, revolutionary; they are making a clean break with the
statist
institution of government education. It is government-owned and -controlled education which
is the
very foundation of the secular state which exerts its power by molding the minds of its youngest

citizens to serve the mythical state.†"
continue...†http://homeschooltimes.com/ezine/times/index.htm#1

2 - Want Socialization? Home School Your Children!†By James Dobson
Donít you think home schooling might have a negative impact on the socialization process?
I donít
want my children growing up to be misfits.
continue... http://homeschooltimes.com/ezine/times/index.htm#2

3 - Learning . . . In Spite Of Learning Disabilities - A Parentís Guide By Betty Ann Davis

22 practical directives to help your children learn.
continue... http://homeschooltimes.com/ezine/times/index.htm#3

4 - Let's Get Motivated! by Tamara Eaton
While some children are more naturally self-motivated than others, all have some degree of
inner
motivation (although it may not be obvious at first). All children also need training to help
them
become more responsible and self-motivated learners.
continue... http://homeschooltimes.com/ezine/times/index.htm#4

GREAT LINKS
-----------

Homeschool Internet Resource Center -
Save browsing time by checking here first!
http://rsts.net

The Home School Academy -
Your Evenings Free, No lesson plans needed, simple record keeping.
http://homeschoolacademy.com

Help for Learning Disabilities -
Providing solutions for struggling students.
http://rsts.net/eli

Homeschool Study Links -
Edu-Links provides a wealth of educational links categorized by subject
as a home study resource for all ages.
http://rsts.net/home/edulinks†

Discount Curriculum Catalog
http://rsts.net/catalog

Why Not Visit . . . BOOK HEAVEN
We have Patch the Pirate Adventure tapes, good Christian music, the
Webster 1828 Dictionary, a course for training young men in character,
and other resources for homeschoolers and families. Visit our website
for special deals!
http://www.lvbaptist.org/homeschool/

HOME SCHOOL FRIENDLY COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES SEEK HOMESCHOOLERS!
Plan ahead for College! To help we have compiled a list of Homeschool
Friendly Colleges and Universities across the United States and in Canada.
You can even submit a form to receive enrollment information.
Go to http://rsts.net/colleges

PRIVACY POLICY
is
paramount to us! Therefore, it receives the respect it deserves!  If you do not want to receive
email
from us in the future, please let us know by sending email to us at myloss@homeschooltimes.com

the above address or writing to us at the above address and telling us that you do not want
receive email from our company.

This message is sent in compliance of the new E-mail bill: SECTION 301. Per Section 301,
Paragraph (a)(2)(C) of S. 1618 - To be removed from the mailing list, send an email to
myloss@homeschooltimes.com - To subscribe to the Homeschool Times or e-Zine, go to:
http://homeschooltimes.com/hstimes.htm

Homeschool Times E-Zine
334 Second Street