www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "David Hollister" <djhollis...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/6407: User Authentication for Servlets
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:21:35 GMT
It get stranger yet. I have user authentication working on the htdocs
directory.  I implemented this in the httpd.conf using the below code.

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs">
Authname "restricted area"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /ibminfo/larry
require valid-user
AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

The above code works perfect.  I copy paste the exact code above changing
only the path of the directory to <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache JServ
1.1.2/servlets">.  When I attempt to access a servlet the user
authentication window does not appear, the servlet runs happily without any
authentication from the user.  Very strange, I am totally dead in the
water.Any suggestions??

Thank you,
Dave