www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Paul A. Scott" <psc...@the-frontier.org>
Subject mod_autoindex/6190 Autoindex fails to include HEADER and README files
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 02:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_autoindex/6190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Paul A. Scott" <pscott@the-frontier.org>
To: <boerm@u.washington.edu>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: mod_autoindex/6190 Autoindex fails to include HEADER and README files
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:04:32 -0700

 I discovered the exact same problem, and found that "Options MultiViews"
 must be set for FancyIndexing to work.

 I can't explain why setting "Options MultiViews" didn't work for you,
 because it definitely got FancyIndexing to work for me. My Apache is running
 patched for FrontPage 4 Extensions (don't ask my why). Are you running a
 patched Apache?

 In any case, I believe THIS IS A BUG! I don't want or need to run
 MultiViews, but it's the only way I can get the FancyIndexing to work on
 Apache 1.3.12, which used to work fine on my old Apache server. If I can
 find the time, I'll look into whether it's an Apache bug, or some pathogen
 brought in by fp4.

 Paul