www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Petrov" <DPet...@nchcapital.com>
Subject Re: general/6469: If extension is not supplied, Apache server returns file with *any* extension
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/6469; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dmitry Petrov" <DPetrov@nchcapital.com>
To: gnats-admin@bugz.apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/6469: If extension is not supplied, Apache server returns file with *any*
extension
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:12:09 -0400

 I made some more testing.

 Aparently this problem is related to mod_negotiation and specifically
 to Option MultiViews. If I disable it, the problem dissapears.

 I initially suspected this MultiViews option behaved in a wrong way -
 thought that it does not respect the actial extension of the file
 and makes script source viewing possible. Yet, apparently I was wrong
 (problem was with proxy cache/file renaming).

 Sorry!

 ---
 Dmitry Petrov       phone: (212) 641-3235, pager: pagedp@nchcapital.com
 NCH Capital Inc.