www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Xiao Shibin <shi...@public3.bta.net.cn>
Subject other/6466: some advised functions
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:58:39 GMT

>Number:         6466
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       some advised functions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I spider a web site which has more than 1 million pages, only few pages changed in the
most time, but I have to spider almost all the pages.

If Web Server can return only the new pages urls which newer than a certain date, the spider
will do very fast.

Can Apache add this function in 2.0 version?