www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Manish Gulati <M.Gul...@ponl.com>
Subject jakarta-tomcat/6465: I am facing a problem with the generation of the md_jserv.so module which is required while installation of Tomcat on Apache Web Server .
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:37:35 GMT

>Number:         6465
>Category:       jakarta-tomcat
>Synopsis:       I am facing a problem with the generation of the md_jserv.so module which
is required while installation of Tomcat on Apache Web Server .
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I want to use Apache webserver for my static webpages and Tomcat to be used for serviceing
servlet requests.

I am facing a problem with the generation of the mod_jserv.so module which is required while
installation of Tomcat on Apache Web Server .
On giving the command  :

apxs -c *.c -o mod_jserv.so

What is get is an error with ld saying cannot read or find export file

A part of the output is as shown :

cc -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -DUSE_HSREG
EX -DSHARED_MODULE -I/oradata2/websrv/manish/apache_1.3.6/include  -c jserv_watc
hdog.c
cc -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -DUSE_HSREG
EX -DSHARED_MODULE -I/oradata2/websrv/manish/apache_1.3.6/include  -c jserv_wrap
per.c
cc -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -DUSE_HSREG
EX -DSHARED_MODULE -I/oradata2/websrv/manish/apache_1.3.6/include  -c jserv_wrap
per_unix.c
cc -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -DUSE_HSREG
EX -DSHARED_MODULE -I/oradata2/websrv/manish/apache_1.3.6/include  -c jserv_wrap
per_win.c
cc -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -DUSE_HSREG
EX -DSHARED_MODULE -I/oradata2/websrv/manish/apache_1.3.6/include  -c mod_jserv.
ld -H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bI:../support/httpd.exp  -bE:`echo ap
xs|sed -e s:.so$:.exp:` -lc -o autochange.so mod_jserv.o jserv_wrapper_win.o jse
rv_wrapper_unix.o jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o jserv_utils.o jserv_status.o
jserv_protocols.o jserv_mmap.o jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o jserv_ajpv12.o jser
v_ajpv11.o autochange.o -o mod_jserv.so
ld: 0706-004 Cannot find or read export file: apxs
        ld:accessx(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680

To be noted that the .o files for various .c programs is being created , the problems comes
most probably ( as i comprehend) in the linking part of the apxs script.

For information I am using  IBM AIX version 4.2.1 on an IBM RS/6000 server. also apache webserver
has been installed in a directory other than where tomcat has been installed . As far as I
can contemplate  , the problem could be with the directory structure , can somebody please
help me with the directory structure in which apache webserver and tomcat should exist so
as to work together ?

Thanks and Regards
Manish

System Engineer,
Tata COnsultancy Services,
231 Phase I , Udyog Vihar ,
Gurgaon, Harayana .
India
Ph no : 91-124-6347270/6346938 Extn.203
email : M.Gulati@ponl.com

>How-To-Repeat:
try generating the mod_jserv.so module as mentioned in Tomcat's minimalistic user's guide
which comes along with the instalable version of tomcat on an AIX machine
>Fix:
May be i don't know the directory structure in which tOmcat should be placed along with apache
webserver in order that the two ( i.e. apache web server and Tomcat ) be used together. Actually
i want my static pages to be served by Apache Webserver whereas the servlets that i have to
be served by tomcat.