www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Abbott <...@sgi.com>
Subject build/6459: 2.0a6 configure problem on Irix
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:01:21 GMT

>Number:         6459
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       2.0a6 configure problem on Irix
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
src/configure incorrectly decides that my Irix 6.5 system does not have
the header file <netinet/tcp.h> (it does).  The problem is in the way
configure checks for the existence of the file.  Here is the relevant
excerpt from config.log:

configure:2540: checking for netinet/tcp.h
configure:2550: cc -E  -D_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
"/usr/include/sys/endian.h", line 32: warning(1035): #error directive:
          "<standards.h> must be included before <sys/endian.h>."

  #error "<standards.h> must be included before <sys/endian.h>."
   ^
configure: failed program was:
#line 2545 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <netinet/tcp.h>

In order for any real program to include <netinet/tcp.h> that program
must first include <netinet/in.h> or <sys/socket.h> or even <stdio.h> or
some other header file that includes <standards.h> -- or even just
<standards.h> itself.

(This dependency may be fixed in a future release of Irix but probably not
in the Irix 6.5.x lifetime.)
>How-To-Repeat:
cd src
./configure
>Fix:
Change the check for netinet/tcp.h on line 77 of src/configure.in to use
a different method that first includes netinet/in.h.  I don't know autoconf
well enough to provide a patch.