www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kelly Hamlin <f...@bomb.net>
Subject mod_include/6438: SSI wont ExecCGI with correct CGI-BIN path for Virtual Host
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:48:33 GMT

>Number:         6438
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       SSI wont ExecCGI with correct CGI-BIN path for Virtual Host
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Im running several VHosts, and when i Use an SSI page to #exec cgi from a vhost it cannot
and will not find the correct CGI-BIN. Undefined CGI is all it reports in error log, however
if i use the FULL path such as www.domain.com/bs/counter.html WORKS, however vhost bs.domain.com/counter.html
DOES NOT work. I have ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /http/bs/cgi-bin/
And i also have tried adding <Directory /http/bs>Options All  Allowoverride All </Directory>
in the vhost setup.
Like i said it works on the docroot domain, but its almost like thier is a bug in SSI where
it doesnt see the correct CGI-Bin, ive also tried copying the .cgi to the docroot cgi-bin
dir
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.bomb.net/bs/counter.html
http://bs.bomb.net/counter.html
in counter.html i have <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/counter.cgi" -->
Also i also have it set to parse .html as well as .shtml
i have a script alias setup for bs.bomb.net (ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /http/bs/cgi-bin)
>Fix:
i dont know programming of any sort, but im sure once you look at this youll understand it.