www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Christian Gilmore <cgilm...@tivoli.com>
Subject general/6435: Regular expression engine needs exception matching
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2000 18:10:17 GMT

>Number:         6435
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Regular expression engine needs exception matching
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'd like to be able to do the following:

<LocationMatch "!^/(foo|bar)">
# access, auth, etc rules here
</LocationMatch>

How else can you have a default set of rules for the entirety of a site except for a particular
set of directories?

As there appears to be no way to explicitly say in a subdirectory to ignore the parent's authentication
rules completely (if the subdirectory wishes no authentication whatsoever), I'm at a loss
for how else one could accomplish the goal without explicitly mentioning every file in and
every subdirectory from the root.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try, given the current available pattern matching, to authenticate all directories of a site
except for a given subset.
>Fix:
Expand the pattern matching engine to include a "not" character (such as the "!") so that
one could say for all things BUT the following pattern do the following.