www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "manoj mokashi" <manoj_moka...@hotmail.com>
Subject general/6395: problems post request data size
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2000 05:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/6395; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "manoj mokashi" <manoj_mokashi@hotmail.com>
To: gnats-admin@bugz.apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: general/6395: problems post request data size
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 05:08:01 GMT

 have found a workaround for the problem, tho not why it occurs.
 The problem seems to be with the request.getParameter() method.
 But the post data itself is accessible correctly by either
 req.getInputStream or getReader. Content length is correct. so we
 have to read it character by character and parse the fields ourselves.
 we also have to decode the characters other than alphanemeric ones, which
 are in the form %HH HH being the hex code. The httpUtils.parseQueryData()
 can be used for this decoding and extracting
 the fields, provided that u have saved the post data in a string to be
 passed as a parameter.
 Note that if there are any calls to getParameter before accessing the input
 stream, then the stream will not point at the start, but some intermediate
 location.