www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Juman Byun <olb...@hotmail.com>
Subject suexec/6424: suexec doesn't run in the specified docroot.
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:42:41 GMT

>Number:         6424
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suexec doesn't run in the specified docroot.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
if we specify --suexec-docroot=DocRoot, whenever Apache executes something in DocRoot, it
should be SUEXECed but actually, not.
>How-To-Repeat:
./configure --prefix=/home/apache --enable-suexec --suexec-docroot=/home/clubtest
while DocumentRoot "/home/clubtest" in /home/apache/conf/httpd.conf
and user1's home is /home/clubtest/user1

http://myserver/~user1/ls.sh.cgi is SUEXECed
http://myserver/user1/ls.sh.cgi is NOT SUEXECed, though it should be the hierarchy (aside
from UserDirs) that can be used for suEXEC behavior.

>Fix:
I have no idea for now.