www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Perry <jpe...@vistasource.com>
Subject documentation/6417: [warn] [Mon Aug 14 12:47:43 2000] Loaded DSO modules/mod_aaproxy.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:36:34 GMT

>Number:         6417
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       [warn] [Mon Aug 14 12:47:43 2000] Loaded DSO modules/mod_aaproxy.so uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I could find NO information on what the EAPI is on the Apache websites in either
the FAQ or the documentation. I finally tracked down a paragraph on the
ApacheWeek website. I think the docs and FAQ should be updated to cover what it
is and how to use it (since it seems to be included in 1.3.12)

The module which is giving me problems is my own. I tried compiling it
standalone (which has always worked) and adding -DEAPI to the compile line.
The same error occurs. I am sure there must be a simple explanation but
numerous searches online have turned up only the same question I am asking with
no answers on how to fix the build or if it even needs fixing.

The module appears to function fine. Do I need to fix this warning? Is there truel;y
a risk of it crashing? What specifically has changed in the API? There might
be new featues of use to me.

Even is the following. I am running the copy of Apache 1.3.12 which Redhat installed.
I fetched the source code from www.apache.org. and grepping turns up no references to
EAPI - please point me at the file(s) in question.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
See above - document whether this warning is harmless and document the new
EAPI or add pointers to the info on the website which I have somehow not managed
to find.

Thanks!