www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Hollister <djhollis...@hotmail.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/6407: User Authentication for Servlets
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:22:43 GMT

>Number:         6407
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       User Authentication for Servlets
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
My problem is exactly like the one in PR#3697.  I added the following lines, per PR#3697,
<LOCATION /servlets> Options None....etc </Location> to the jserv.conf file(also
tried the httpd.conf with no luck).  When I access a servlet they run without any username
and password window appearing.

Security on the sevlets directory is actually a workaround for what I'm really trying to do.
 I already have user authentication on the htdocs directory working fine.  However when a
simple html calls my servlet it does not pass the user name along to the servlet, ie when
I call getRemoteUser it is always null.

I would prefer to just have the html form send the user name to the servlet, but I don't know
how to do that.  If that is not possible, I guess getting user authentication directly on
the servlets directory would suffice.

Thank you for any help.
Dave