www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Glen Barney <g...@ldscn.com>
Subject os-sco/6404: Information on correcting File Descriptor limits in SCO OpenServer 5
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:15:40 GMT

>Number:         6404
>Category:       os-sco
>Synopsis:       Information on correcting File Descriptor limits in SCO OpenServer 5
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Apache documentation describes the File Descriptor problem, and outlines ways
of fixing this problem for certain Operating Systems.  SCO OpenServer is not
included in this list.  The page asks for submissions with information on
correcting this problem in other Operating Systems.  This report provides the
correction for SCO OpenServer.
>How-To-Repeat:
Configure Apache's httpd.conf file on a server running on SCO so that more than
110 file descriptors are opened.  Apache will fail to serve documents under
these conditions.
>Fix:
Edit the /etc/conf/cf.d/stune file or use /etc/conf/cf.d/configure choice 7
(User and Group configuration) and modify the NOFILES kernel parameter to a
suitably higher value.  SCO recommends a number between 60 and 11000, the
default is 110.  We raised the limit to 1024 on our server.  Relink and reboot,
and the new number of descriptors will be available.