www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ilya Beloozerov <ibelo...@yahoo.com>
Subject build/6402: The configure.sh script generates fatal errors.
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:35:13 GMT

>Number:         6402
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       The configure.sh script generates fatal errors.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:

root@cheetah-/var/adm/sw/sessions > uname -a
HP-UX cheetah B.11.00 A 9000/715 2000767892 two-user license

root@cheetah-/tmp > which cc
/bin/cc

/bin/cc is the default compiler that comes with HP-UX 11.0.
root@cheetah-/usr/local/bin/apache_1.3.12 > ./configure
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.12
 + Warning: Configuring Apache with default settings.
 + This is probably not what you really want.
 + Please read the README.configure and INSTALL files
 + first or at least run './configure --help' for
 + a compact summary of available options.
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for HP-UX 11 platform
 + setting C compiler to cc
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

        cd ..; cc  -DHPUX11 -Aa -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I./l
ib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci`     -o helpers/dummy helpers/dummy.c   -lm
-lpthread
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C produ
ct; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C produ
ct; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: "helpers/dummy.c", line 3: warning 5: "const" will become a keyword.
(Bundled) cc: "helpers/dummy.c", line 3: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "char".
(Bundled) cc: "helpers/dummy.c", line 4: warning 5: "const" will become a keyword.
(Bundled) cc: error 2017: Cannot recover from earlier errors, terminating.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
======== Error Output for sanity check ========
============= End of Error Report =============

 Aborting!
>How-To-Repeat:

Try to run the configure script on HP-UX 11.0.

I am getting a different error with 2.0:
apache_2.0a4

Shared Memory Implementation:
checking for sys/mman.h... (cached) yes
checking for MAP_ANON in sys/mman.h... no
checking for mmap... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for shm_open... yes
checking for shm_unlink... yes
checking for /dev/zero... no
checking for sys/ipc.h... yes
checking for sys/shm.h... yes
checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes
checking for shmget... (cached) yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for shmdt... yes
checking for shmctl... yes
checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
checking for create_area... no
decision on shared memory allocation method... SysV IPC shmget()
checking for shared memory maximum segment size... configure: error: Unable to det
ermine maximum shared memory segment size
configure: error: ./configure failed for shmem/unix/mm
configure: error: ./configure failed for lib/apr