www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Brown <m...@hyperreal.org>
Subject general/6399: alternate icon set out of sync with standard icons; replacements available
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:39:06 GMT

>Number:         6399
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       alternate icon set out of sync with standard icons; replacements available
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
1. The alternate 16x16 icon set distributed with Apache since late 1997 has not been kept
in sync with the standard 20x22 icon set.

2. httpd.conf does not mention the alternate icon set.

3. httpd.conf sets MultiViews for the icon directory, but the existence of index.gif in that
directory will likely cause the gif to be returned instead of a proper index.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I have produced a new alternate set that is in sync with the standard set, and I have also
performed additional optimizations on the standard set, shaving about 30% of the file sizes
without affecting the image quality. I have also updated the README.txt files. Please pick
up and review the entire up-to-date /icons tree at http://www.hyperreal.org/~mike/pub/apache/icons.tar

To address the httpd.conf issues, please consider changing httpd.conf under <IfModule mod_alias.c>
to the following.

    #
    # Note that if you include a trailing / on fakename then the server will
    # require it to be present in the URL.  So "/icons" isn't aliased in this
    # example, only "/icons/"..
    #
    # Standard 20x22 icon set:
    Alias /icons/ "/usr/local/apache/icons/"
    <Directory "/usr/local/apache/icons/">
        Options Indexes -MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    # Alternate 16x16 icon set:
    # (also add IconWidth=16 IconHeight=16 to IndexOptions)
    #Alias /icons/ "/usr/local/apache/icons/small/"
    #<Directory "/usr/local/apache/icons/small">
    #    Options Indexes -MultiViews
    #    AllowOverride None
    #    Order allow,deny
    #    Allow from all