www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andreas Jung <aj...@sz-sb.de>
Subject mod_proxy/6396: Setting HOST header for reverse Proxy
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 18:20:17 GMT

>Number:         6396
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Setting HOST header for reverse Proxy
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We are running 20 name-based vhosts that use ProxyPass to include
an internal application into the namespace of the webserver. The application
server is mapped via "ProxyPass /  http://localhost:8001/"

All requests arrive on the application server with "Host: localhost:8001"
header. We would like to see a possibility to pass the original host
header to the application without a rewrite. As a workaround we extract
the name of the corresponding vhost from the VIA header.

Andreas