www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Charles Jardine <c...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject apache-api/6359: Server hangs during error processing after POSTed body has been read by content handler
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:51:58 GMT

>Number:         6359
>Category:       apache-api
>Synopsis:       Server hangs during error processing after POSTed body has been read by
content handler
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The following perl content handler demonstrates the problem:

package Apache::bugdemo;
use Apache;
use Apache::Constants qw(:common);
sub handler {
  my $r = shift;
  my @c = $r->content;
  NOT_FOUND
}
1;

If this is handling a GET request, without a body, it works as
expected. The browser receives a Not Found response. If, however,
the request is a POST, with a body, server hangs.

I suspect that the main line code is attempting to read the
body again ?
>How-To-Repeat:
I hope the information above will allow you to repeat
the problem.