www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: os-windows/6296: Long directory names prevent CGI from running properly
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:35:55 GMT

Dan...
Regarding DJGPP port of 'gcc' and long pathnames.

If you look at the first 2 bytes of the actual DJGPP gcc.exe
executable you will see that the compile output signature is MZ instead
of PE which means it's never going to handle 'long pathnames'.

It has nothing to do with Apache.

You need to get a 32-bit PE ( Portable Executable ) compiled
version of DJGPP. If I knew where to tell you to find one I would
point you there.

If you find one... please let ME know. I've been looking for same
for more than 2 years now.

I believe the DJGPP stuff is still being compiled with 'itself' so
that might be the problem for Win32. It needs to be compiled
with something other than itself or be capable of outputting
true PE binary linked to system files that handle long pathnames.

Yours...
Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications, Inc.
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com
http://www.rctp.com - Online Internet Content Compression Server.

In a message dated 00-07-11 02:25:51 EDT, Dan Lewis writes...