www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: general/6323: Build fails
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:40:13 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/6323; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: rbb@covalent.net
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: abagchi@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org, ralf.hildebrandt@innominate.de
Subject: Re: general/6323: Build fails
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:35:31 -0700 (PDT)

 On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

 > Yes, in /usr/include/netdb.h
 >
 > /*
 >  * Error return codes from gethostbyname() and gethostbyaddr()
 >  * (left in extern int h_errno).
 >  */
 >
 > #ifdef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
 > extern int h_errno;
 > #endif
 >
 > Aha! _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED needs to be defined!

 ARRRRR!  Sometimes I hate that every Unix platform is this different.  On
 my HP/UX machine, I don't need to have _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED defined to
 get h_errno, but I do need it defined to get a clean build without
 warnings.  Let me look into some stuff, and I'll try to post a patch later
 today to fix this.

 Ryan

 406 29th St.
 San Francisco, CA 94131