www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From George Sanderson <geo...@xorgate.com>
Subject mod_perl/6352: segmentation fault in ap_remove_module ()
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:08:47 GMT

>Number:         6352
>Category:       mod_perl
>Synopsis:       segmentation fault in ap_remove_module ()
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Everything works fine, until, I `apachectl stop`, then add the following to a
virtural host section in httpd.conf

SetHandler perl-script
PerlModule Apache::AutoIndex
PerlHandler Apache::AutoIndex

then when I do `bin/httpd -X`
Linux does a core dump.  Since I compiled in DEBUG the 'gdb bin/httpd core` reports a segmentation
fault with:
#0  0x8054b09 in ap_remove_module ()
Strangeness: If I do a `bin/apachectl restart` instead of the stop, AutoIndex will run OK
the first time, but crash on any following restarts.  Also, If I add Apache::Icon to httpd.conf,
the first restart results with a gdb responds with a segmentation fault with:
#0  0x2ac92474 in mod_perl_cleanup_av ()from /usr/local/apache/libexec/libperl.so

Somehow the results are timeing related.
I don't understand why Apache/mod_perl has to remove a module when it should be installing
it.  Maybe its just a confusing naming convention or something?
Note: I believe I was careful to clean out old versions before the makes.

I did have to 'not use' "large file support" for the Perl 5.6.0 build in order to get mod_perl
to launch.

>How-To-Repeat:
You would have to build a simular configuration and try it, because when you try this on a
server it crashes.
>Fix:
It probably is a invalid pointer.

I which I was more able to issolate the problem by putting printf s in the source or something.
 Any suggestions on this regard?