www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From lukose <luk...@bangalore.sgi.com>
Subject mod_cgi/6327: apps that need to create a desktop window do not work when invoked via cgi-bin
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:09:27 GMT

>Number:         6327
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       apps that need to create a desktop window do not work when invoked via
cgi-bin
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I'm using cgi-bin to drive a graphics application through an html form. The cgi
script works fine when called from the command line. The cgi script fails when
called by the Apache webserver. Debugging shows the  failure (hang) to occur at
the point where the graphics window need to be opened.

>How-To-Repeat:
I can send code if needed
>Fix:
Besides running on Unix, no!!