www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nathan Wiger <n...@sun.com>
Subject config/6316: Last-modified header not being output on static HTML files in NameVirtualHosts
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:23:07 GMT

>Number:         6316
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Last-modified header not being output on static HTML files in NameVirtualHosts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
Solaris 2.6, all recommended and security patches

SunOS webman 5.6 Generic_105181-20 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise-10000
Hi-

Currently, we have a webserver which has many alias-based NameVirtualHosts. The
Last-modified: header is not being output for static documents in these hosts.
These are not SSI files, CGI scripts, or anything else, but regular old HTML
files. I have checked my configuration but can't find anything that should be
causing this. I've built Apache probably a hundred times but have never had this
problem before.

My sincere apologies if this this not a bug but I'm just stupid. :-) I posted
messages to the comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix newsgroup but haven't gotten
any feedback from people from similar problems. Here's a sample VirtualHost
declaration:

NameVirtualHost 129.153.53.12
<VirtualHost 129.153.53.12>
        ServerName dhpg-eng.west
        ServerAlias dhpg-eng dhpg-eng.west.sun.com
        DocumentRoot /dhpg/web/dhpg-eng/htdocs
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /dhpg/web/dhpg-eng/cgi-bin/
        CustomLog /dhpg/web/dhpg-eng/logs/access_log common
        ErrorLog /dhpg/web/dhpg-eng/logs/error_log

        # All the links that go to /dhpg.eng/ should go to /home/
        Redirect /dhpg.eng http://dhpg-eng.west/home permanent
</VirtualHost>

The rest of the config file is basically standard "out-of-the-box" Apache. The
/dhpg filesystem is automounted, but when I tried re-pointed Apache to use the
non-NFS mounted version (it's local to the machine anyways) the same problem
occurred. The filesystem is Veritas VxFS, but I can't see how that could affect
it since mtime() should still work.

Thanks in advance. Again, my apologies if I'm wasting your time. I've just never
had this problem before.

Thanks,
Nate