www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Troy Martin <troy.mar...@technologist.com>
Subject config/6310: Running change_server.sh LoadModule error
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:24:53 GMT

>Number:         6310
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Running change_server.sh LoadModule error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I followed the instructions outlined by MS for Q202198 to download and install the FrontPage
4.0 extensions.  At the end, they have you run the script change_server.sh to upgrade Apache
Web Server 1.3.1.  After completing the prompts, I got an error stating that it couldn't locate
/usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd.  We fixed the problem by creating a softlink by executing "ln
-s /etc/httpd apache".

Now when we attempt "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start" it reports an error, "Invalid command,
LoadModule ... mis-spelled, not found, etc..."??  Has the command changed?

Thanks!
Troy
>How-To-Repeat:
Perform steps outlined in MS Qarticle "Q202198 Installing FrontPage Server Extension to an
Apche Web Server".
>Fix:
not so far...