www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Daniel Lyons <daniel.ly...@yale.edu>
Subject general/6291: New log files occasionally aren't created with kill -HUP
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 23:02:47 GMT

>Number:         6291
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       New log files occasionally aren't created with kill -HUP
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hi there,

	Well, our ISP uses a custom PERL rotate script which copies all log
files to .old and then does an apachectl restart.  Sometimes it doesn't create
new log files, sometimes it does... when it's not creating new log files,
a new apachectl restart doesn't fix the problem.  My solution is to stop it,
check ps for all httpd process to die, then restart it... and the log files
get written.  Any idea?

Thanks,
Dan Lyons
>How-To-Repeat:
Unknown
>Fix:
Only use the apache distribution rotatelogs script?