www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Antonia Reznitskaya <ATGoldm...@aol.com>
Subject os-windows/6274: Apache doesn't start
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 17:27:19 GMT

>Number:         6274
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache doesn't start
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jul 03 10:30:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ATGoldmanD@aol.com
>Release:        1_3_12_win32
This report is similar to 5833.
However, I 've tried all suggestions provided there - from Starting the
program at the DOS prompt(I received message "The program cannot run from
the DOS ) to reinstalling Apache including configuring and updating
directives.
I checked  and updated next entries in configuration files
HTTP.CONF
ServerType standalone
Port 80
ServerAdmin ATGoldmanD@aol.com(my email address)
ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache
ServerName 127.0.0.1
SRM.CONF file
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"
ACCESS.CONF
<Directory "C:/Apache/htdocs">

I don't have any log errors generated.My log directory is empty.
When I am trying to start Apache from Windows console, the DOS window
flashes for a second and disappear without any indication of server running

I received from somebody the suggestion to uninstall all previously used web  web servers
because they might use the same port
I deleted manually PWS,FrontPage and all its entries in registry
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I don't. I've tried already everything.

I think it is a bug