www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Benjamin Collar <bcol...@pnm.com>
Subject config/6246: httpd won't start because of bad lines in httpd.conf
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:53:08 GMT

>Number:         6246
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       httpd won't start because of bad lines in httpd.conf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 27 15:00:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     bcollar@pnm.com
>Release:        1.3.12
Starting the server fails on the following lines from httpd.conf, with this
sort of message:

Syntax error on line 131 in file httpd.conf: API module structure 'perl_module'
in file ...modules/libperl.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache
module DSO?

The lines that cause this (and a similar error for php) are:
LoadModule php_module modules/mod_php.so
LoadModule php3_module modules/libphp3.so
LoadModule perl_module modules/libperl.so
AddModule mod_php.c
AddModule mod_php3.c
AddModule mod_perl.c

These lines have not been changed (well,except commented out for now) from the
orignal config.   Further, I just did a clean reinstall just for kicks and it
responds the same way.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install apache3.12 with --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=most
--enable-shared=max