www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Zalman Stern <zal...@netcom.com>
Subject apache-api/6229: Apache header files do not compile with C++ compiler.
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 07:32:35 GMT

>Number:         6229
>Category:       apache-api
>Synopsis:       Apache header files do not compile with C++ compiler.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Jun 25 00:40:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     zalman@netcom.com
>Release:        2.0a4
The ap_config.h gile currently has a bug where the
    #ifdef __cplusplus
    extern "C"
    #endif
is not blanaced with a similarly conditionalized close brace. (I did not have this problem
with 2.0a3 .)

Also, the header files use the identifier "new", mostly to delcare formal parameters in prototypes.
"new" is a reserved word in C++ and hence this does not compile with a C++ compiler. This
happens with both 2.0a3 and 2.0a4 but did not happen with 1.3.x versions.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the following two one line programs with a C++ compiler:
    #include "ap_config.h"
and
    #include "httpd.h"
>Fix:
The ap_config.h problem is just a typo. Add an apropriate C++ bracket closer to the end of
the file. The "new" identifier problem can be fixed easily by changing these to some other
name. (There is no dependency on the name of a formal paramter from a header anywhere in the
code.)