www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joe Auty <ja...@home.com>
Subject general/6227: problem with mpeg-3 files
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2000 23:26:53 GMT

>Number:         6227
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       problem with mpeg-3 files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Jun 24 16:30:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jauty@home.com
>Release:        apache-1.2.6-1b
I cannot get mpeg-3's to play back via the Quicktime plug-in. I know the problem doesn't lie
within my browser, or Quicktime because I can playback the files locally without a hitch.

I have tried adding this line and restarting the server:

AddType audio/mpeg mp3

(of course, I changed my filename to end with the mp3 suffix for testing this).. still the
same deal.

The file downloads just fine via FTP, and plays back. Have troubleshot the problem to involving
the apache server/setup..

What has to be set, and how, to setup apache to allow playback of MPEG-3 files via <embed>
tags?

Thanks in advance!
>How-To-Repeat:
notice that the mpeg-3 will not play at http://www.brasstactics.net/chase2.mpg. Same file
plays fine locally through pages with an <embed> tag (pointing to the mpeg-3 stored
locally).