www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@reppep.com>
Subject documentation/6216: Reversed wording on <http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#virtualhost>
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:57:57 GMT

>Number:         6216
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Reversed wording on <http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#virtualhost>
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 20 21:00:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     pepper@reppep.com
>Release:        current www.apache.org
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#virtualhost
>Fix:
Change 'in the latter case' to 'in the former case'.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

 >Each VirtualHost must correspond to a different IP address, different port number or
a different host name for the server, in the latter case the server machine must be configured
to accept IP packets for multiple addresses. (If the machine does not hav e multiple network
interfaces, then this can be accomplished with the ifconfig alias command (if your OS supports
it), or with kernel patches like VIF (for SunOS(TM) 4.1.x)).
 	'in the latter case' should be
 	'in the former case'. As written, it isn't true -- I have Apache responding to multiple
hostnames on a single IP on a single NIC.

 						Chris Pepper