www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: general/6115: Apache HTTP server fails to start
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/6115; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@lnd.com>
To: "'David Hickman'" <dhickman@simteq.co.uk>, <wrowe@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: RE: general/6115: Apache HTTP server fails to start
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:03:59 -0500

 Q1. is there any message in your apache\logs\error.log file that
     helps you identify the problem?

 Q2. does this only happen when you boot the machine, or when you try
     and start the server with the NET START Apache or select Apache
     and click start in the control panel?

 Q3. will apache start with simply the apache command from a Command
     Prompt window after you change to the apache folder's drive and
     directory?  ie.
           c:
           cd "\program files\apache group\apache"
           apache

 Q4. are you trying to serve files from a network shared folder, or
     changing the 'log in as user...' name in the services control
     panel applet for the Apache service?