www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From abag...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/6197: wrong function use
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:15:06 GMT

Synopsis: wrong function use

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: abagchi
State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 20 10:15:03 PDT 2000
State-Changed-Why:
Are you actually hitting this as a bug?  This code has been
in Apache since the very first release.  It also should not be
hit on Linux machines.  All Linux machines that I know of
have setsid, so your machine should be using setsid not setpgrp.
The only machines that I know of that should hit this code are NEXT,
NEWSOS and UTS21.  I have been unable to find any API docs for
those platforms, and I am hesitant to change the code without them.