www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kevin Chang <li...@itc.com.cn>
Subject mod_proxy/6194: mod_proxy is not compiled in apache
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:49:38 GMT

>Number:         6194
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       mod_proxy is not compiled in apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 15 01:50:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     linux@itc.com.cn
>Release:        2.04a
Hi, I think apache is the best web server all over the world.
2.04a add some good features which I expect for a long time.
The multithread is I needed. But When I compiled is using the
following command :
1. "src/configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --with-mpmt=mpmt_pthread --enable-modules=proxy"
2. "src/configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=proxy"
3. "src/configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-modules=proxy"
4. "src/configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --with-module=/src/modules/proxy"

none of the above can add proxy modules in apache. I use the second command
is good in apache 1.3.12

I use "./httpd -l" and "vi src/modules.c" and never find proxy.

by the way, the apache 2.04a provide severel multithread motheds but the readme
is too simple and don't tell me the differece between them, especially for unix platform.

And I find the other problem.
When I start apache it tell me the ScoreBoardFile is not created, But I started
with root privileg.
The third is that there is the "apachectl" command in "bin" directory
>How-To-Repeat:
You can email me "linux@itc.com.cn"
I expect your early reply.
>Fix: