www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From James Woods <jwo...@alexlee.com>
Subject os-windows/6189: Apache service will not start as application or service.
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:46:40 GMT

>Number:         6189
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache service will not start as application or service.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 13 09:50:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jwoods@alexlee.com
>Release:        1.3.12
Error: When manually trying to start the service in the services console.

"Could not start apache service on local computer
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly"

Note:* I get the same error even when changing the logon account in
services to administrator or apache.

The windows manager's event veiwer loggs the problem as an error due to a logon error for
the service. I set the logon to use the apache account and made sure it was a member of the
administrator group, which it is. Still recieved the same error after refreshing the services
manager.
>How-To-Repeat:
By trying to manually start the service fro the services console.

No errors are displayed when trying to run the web server as an application instead of a service.
>Fix:
N/A