www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mohan Khurana <mo...@razorfish.com>
Subject mod_log-any/6167: logs stored on NFS do not get written
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 20:33:20 GMT

>Number:         6167
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       logs stored on NFS do not get written
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 08 13:40:02 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     mohan@razorfish.com
>Release:        1.3.12
>Environment:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

Linux 2.2.14-5.0 #1 Tue Mar 7 21:07:39 EST 2000 i686 unknown
I have several virtual hosts set up, the web sites as well as the logs for those web sites
are stored on a central server and loaded from this web server via NFS.  I set the LockFile
directive to /var/run/apache-lock.  Apache writes data to the log file, as it should, then
automatically takes it away from the file, returning the access_log to it's original state,
resulting in a net writing of nothing to the log file.
>How-To-Repeat:
Put your logs for some virtual host on an NFS mounted filesystem, set the LockFile directive
to /var/run/apache-lock.
>Fix:
I have no idea...