www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Edo Peters <edo.pet...@cmg.nl>
Subject mod_perl/6162: Using Mozilla 4.5 the perl CGI script is started twice after clicking a button on a certain webpage.
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 10:34:31 GMT

>Number:         6162
>Category:       mod_perl
>Synopsis:       Using Mozilla 4.5 the perl CGI script is started twice after clicking
a button on a certain webpage.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          mistaken
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 08 03:40:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     edo.peters@cmg.nl
>Release:        1.3.9
Using Mozilla 4.5 a button on a certain webpage is clicked to start a perl CGI script. This
goes via the Javascript statements:
document.form.action = "...  .pl";  (perl script path/filename bv. create.pl)
document.form.method = "POST";
document.form.submit();
These statements are executed one time, but the perl script is mostly started twice. In the
error logfile of Apache the lines are written twice.
Using MSIE 5.0 the perl script is always started one time and thus no problem.
>How-To-Repeat:
The problem is very clear, thus I hope somebody with the experience or the  knowledge can
help me!
>Fix:
No idea.