www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andrew Daniel <and...@digispec.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/4690: Apache fails to answer request after it has been running for several hours.
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 19:40:34 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/4690; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Daniel <andrew@digispec.com>
To: anonymous@locus.apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-windows/4690: Apache fails to answer request after it
  has been running for several hours.
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 15:36:28 -0400

 What I have found is, as I was running Apache (Win32) on a server
 operating on a temporary dial up connection, the DUN connection
 was periodically being dropped.  Under NT4, a connection was
 re-established automatically.  However, when a data connection
 was lost and re-established, Apache failed to respond to HTTP
 request until it was restarted.  The exact same server with the
 same software is now running on a 10Base-T connection and
 has yet to fail in over 120 days of 24X7 operation.
 andrew@digispec.com

 -------
 .                               Digispec
   .
 .                          http://digispec.com                            .
 .		 	        andrew@digispec.com                           .
 .	      Custom CGI applications with database access     .
 .              Custom TCP/IP applications for the Internet      .
 .                Custom Developer Controls (OCX & DLL)        .
 .                 Internet experts with DNS and CGIs              .
 .		         Webhost with Apache                                 .
 -------
 .                                 Digispec
   .
 .                            P.O. Box 19193                              .
 .                        Roanoke, VA 24019-1020                    .
 .                            (540) 562-4983                                .
 -------