www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jonas "Jørgensen" <...@email.dk>
Subject other/6159: read the full description!
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 18:27:12 GMT

>Number:         6159
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       read the full description!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          mistaken
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Jun 07 11:30:29 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     tbw@email.dk
>Release:        read the full description!
This is NOT a bug report - just a suggestion of a new feature! I KNOW that i'm sending this
to the wrong place, but there was no other "contact us" link, os what should i do?!?

Anyway, here goes: How about making Apache servers ignore case when processing a HTTP-request?
It would be much better, so you wouldn't have problems with uppercase/lowercase in URLs. And
since there anyway can't be two identical filenames just with different case, there is actually
no good reason not to make it case-insensitive!

For more information, read http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990321.html
>How-To-Repeat:
read the full description!
>Fix: