www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dietmar WEBER ...@lascor.de>
Subject xml-cocoon/6138: standalone usage of Cocoon1.7.3: NullPointerException in engine.java
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 20:27:09 GMT

>Number:         6138
>Category:       xml-cocoon
>Synopsis:       standalone usage of Cocoon1.7.3: NullPointerException in engine.java
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    xml
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 01 13:30:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     dw@lascor.de
>Release:
I switched the parameters usage (key/element of hashtable) in getInstance.
Then cocoon was doing fine as standalone.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to run cocoon 173 as standalone
>Fix:
modify engine.java: (dwe!!)
    public static Engine getInstance(Configurations confs, Object context) throws Exception
{

        Engine engine = null;
        if(confs != null)
//	dwe!!		engine = (Engine) engineInstances.get(context);
			engine = (Engine) engineInstances.get(confs);

        if (engine == null) {
           synchronized (Engine.class) {
              engine = new Engine(confs, context);
//	dwe!!              engineInstances.put(context, engine);
              engineInstances.put(confs, engine);
           }
        }

        return engine;