www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@go2net.com>
Subject Re: general/6125: Loading modules failure
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 17:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/6125; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@go2net.com>
To: Stan Samolenkov <stans@w-trade.spb.ru>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/6125: Loading modules failure
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:15:58 -0600 (MDT)

 On Fri, 26 May 2000, Stan Samolenkov wrote:

 > Hello, Marc!
 >
 > marc@apache.org wrote:
 >
 > > Erm... I'm not sure I understand.  Exactly what LoadModule
 > > directive are you using that doesn't work?  Obviously, if you want
 > > to load them from somewhere else you need to change the path
 > > in your directive...
 >
 > The problem is that. If server directory differs from the directory
 > where apache installed then LoadModule doesn't work.

 Please go read the docs for LoadModule.

 > For inst. in my computer Apache installed in
 >
 > c:/program files/apache group/apache
 >
 > and my servers in
 >
 > c:/servers
 >
 > I use -i option to create Windows NT service as Apache RECOMMENDS:
 >
 > Apache.exe -i -n "Stan_server" - d "c:/servers/Stan_server"
 >
 > In this case if I write in httpd.conf
 >
 > LoadModule mod_xxx XXXXX.dll (xxx - for common rule)

 If you want it to load it from a particular path, you have to specify the
 path!  If you do not want them loaded from a path relative to the
 ServerRoot, then of course you have to use a full path.

 There is no need for any registry mumbo jumbo, that is what the config
 file is for.  Use it.