www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dennis Hammer <dennis.ham...@wap.at>
Subject config/6096: In specific cases vhosts don't work
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 08:18:56 GMT

>Number:         6096
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       In specific cases vhosts don't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed May 17 01:20:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     dennis.hammer@wap.at
>Release:        1.3.9
>Environment:
Linux www 2.2.13 #7 Tue Feb 22 13:59:58 CET 2000 i686 unknown

gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
I have several name-based vhosts on my machine and I've got the problem that,
if no "/" is provided after the hostname, the master-server answers the request.
Detailed:
The master server is www.wap.at
The vhost in question is www.spass.net
The browser in question is a phone.com WAP browser. Netscape seems to add the
slash.

Of course I am not sure whether this is a bug or not, but as I didn't find an
answer in the docs, I thought so.
>How-To-Repeat:
seemingly only possible with a WAP handy.
>Fix:
I tried to write a Translation Handler with mod_perl, but it did not solve the
problem