www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From jon * <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/6094: JServ process periodically does not die, holding resources
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 17:40:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/6094; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jon * <jon@latchkey.com>
To: Andy Johnson <AndyJohnson@engineer.com>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/6094: JServ process periodically does not die,
	holding resources
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:34:00 -0700

 on 5/16/2000 10:15 AM, Andy Johnson <AndyJohnson@engineer.com> wrote:

 > JServ runs as a daemon process spawning children as needed to handle requests.
 > Some of those spawned processes do not die.  I have had to create a cron entry
 > which kills JServ procs which are older than 4 minutes.  The Servlet tasks
 > complete
 > with an average time of 2 seconds, longest is 30 seconds.

 Huh?

 JServ doesn't "spawn" any child processes. The C portion starts up a single
 instance of the JVM if you have ApJServManual "Off", that is it.

 This sounds like some sort of configuration error on your part. You didn't
 bother posting any configuration files, log files, or other relevant setup
 information so I'm not going to try to guess what is going wrong for you.
 :-)

 -jon

 --
     Java Servlet Based - Open Source  |        Collab.Net
         Bug/Issue Tracking System     |   now hiring smart people