www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Thomas Viehmann ...@beamnet.de>
Subject general/6091: SetHandler does not work applied to complete (virtual) server
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 12:54:17 GMT

>Number:         6091
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       SetHandler does not work applied to complete (virtual) server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue May 16 06:00:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     tv@beamnet.de
>Release:        1.3.12
I've set up the module's handler to handle a virtual server (rather than
just a directory). Apache then prepends the name of the current
Index-File to the path-part of the URL. i.e. http://www.beamnet.de/ becomes
http://www.beamnet.de/index.html It also insists
on having the RootDirectory and index.html file there, even though they are
not used. Also (I'm not sure who's fault that is) the first part of the
url path is always taken to part of the SCRIPT_NAME, which is undesirable.
>How-To-Repeat:
Sorry, I've worked around it on my site. But it should occur on any server with
the SetHandler directive in for a complete virtual host.
>Fix:
I think that it is the path translation done by mod_dir causes the problem and
I would not expect mod_dir to handle non-file paths. (Though, this is vage.)