www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Al <ap...@byu.edu>
Subject mod_jserv/6074: JServ RPM packaging not complete
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 21:36:06 GMT

>Number:         6074
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       JServ RPM packaging not complete
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 12 14:40:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     apeac@byu.edu
>Release:        1.3.12
The RPM which contains the latest release of ApacheJServ (ApacheJServ-1.1-2_RH6x.i386.rpm)
doesn't correctly configure jserv so that the user can get to the status page (/jserv, /status).
 I was able to get it working by making the following change.

The RPM adds these lines:

<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
             Include /etc/httpd/conf/jserv/jserv.conf
</IfModule>

I changed them to:

<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
             Include /etc/httpd/conf/jserv/jserv.conf
        <Location /jserv>
                SetHandler jserv-status
                order deny,allow
                deny from all
                allow from 128.187.171.180
        </Location>
        <Location /status>
                SetHandler jserv-status
                order deny,allow
                deny from all
                allow from 128.187.171.180
        </Location>
</IfModule>

>How-To-Repeat:
Install the RPM and try accessing http://localhost/jserv with no other modifications (BTW,
after the RPM installs it tells the user to check http://localhost/jserv, so this functionality
is assumed to be working right out of the package).
>Fix:
This is a minor packaging issue/bug, but will save some headaches if you build it in.  The
spec file just needs to be modified accordingly.

Thanks.