www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chad Walters <c...@mail.idrive.com>
Subject general/6049: ap_unescape_url does not properly unescape '+' to space
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 01:22:07 GMT

>Number:         6049
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       ap_unescape_url does not properly unescape '+' to space
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed May 03 18:30:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     chad@mail.idrive.com
>Release:        1.3.9
ap_unescape_url in util.c does not change '+' in the url to be a space. This is a part of
the specification for url encoding. This results in mixed levels of unescaping whenever ap_unescape_url
is called. Coupled with the fact that almost all urls get erroneously unescaped (see my report
general/6048), this can be extremely annoying.
>How-To-Repeat:
Together with bug 6048, the sequence in any url "+%2b" will be incorrectly translated to "
 " rather than " +".
>Fix:
Include a check for '+' in ap_unescape_url and change it to space.