www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mathias Wagner <wag...@phy.cam.ac.uk>
Subject config/6043: ./configure is clean, but make fails
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 19:17:51 GMT

>Number:         6043
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       ./configure is clean, but make fails
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue May 02 12:20:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     wagner@phy.cam.ac.uk
>Release:        1.3.12
>Environment:
ULTRIX 4.4, gcc compiler 2.95.2

I configured for gcc and /usr/local/apache and --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl
no other options were used.
using a recent gnu make, the following are the last few lines before the
make exits fatally:

gcc -c  -I../os/unix -I../include   -DULTRIX -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-DNO_DL_NEEDED `
../apaci` ab.c
gcc  -DULTRIX -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../apaci` -o ab
  -L../os/unix
-L../ap ab.o -lap -los
sed <apxs.pl >apxs \
    -e 's%@TARGET@%httpd%g' \
    -e 's%@CC@%gcc%g' \
    -e 's%@CFLAGS@% -DULTRIX -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED
`../apaci`%g' \
    -e 's%@CFLAGS_SHLIB@%%g' \
    -e 's%@LD_SHLIB@%%g' \
    -e 's%@LDFLAGS_MOD_SHLIB@%%g' \
    -e 's%@LIBS_SHLIB@%%g' && chmod a+x apxs
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/users/wagner/apache_1.3.12/src/support'
make[1]: *** [build-support] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/users/wagner/apache_1.3.12'
make: *** [build] Error 2

It is not very descriptive what went wrong here. Can you help?

Your help is much appreciated!

Mathias
>How-To-Repeat:
It is going to be difficult, if you do not have access to such a machine...
I could let you have a temp account, if you think that would help.