www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steve Rosenberry <SMRosenbe...@ElectronicSolutionsCo.com>
Subject general/6034: NT Perfmon shows growing handle count using ISAPI Extension DLL
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:22:08 GMT

>Number:         6034
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       NT Perfmon shows growing handle count using ISAPI Extension DLL
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Apr 28 00:30:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     SMRosenberry@ElectronicSolutionsCo.com
>Release:        1.3.9
In an effort to track down a problem in a real Extension DLL, I noticed that
the handle count for the Apache process as given by PerfMon was growing by a
count of two every time I loaded the ISAPI page.  I stripped the Extension DLL
of everything except DllEntryPoint(), GetVersionInfo() and HttpExtensionProc(),
and the Apache process is still showing a loss of two handles every time I call
the DLL from my Netscape browser.
>How-To-Repeat:
Build an extension DLL using the following code.  I can also e-mail VC++ 5.0
project file and DLL if you wish.

#include <httpext.h>

// project is built with absolutely no C-run time at all,
// but we still need an entry point to keep the OS happy

BOOL WINAPI DllEntryPoint( HINSTANCE hinstDLL,
                           DWORD     fdwReason,
                           LPVOID    lpvReserved )
{
  return( TRUE );
}

BOOL WINAPI GetExtensionVersion( HSE_VERSION_INFO* pVer )
{
  pVer->dwExtensionVersion = MAKELONG( HSE_VERSION_MINOR, HSE_VERSION_MAJOR );
  pVer->lpszExtensionDesc[0] = 'x';
  pVer->lpszExtensionDesc[1] = 'y';
  pVer->lpszExtensionDesc[2] = 'z';
  pVer->lpszExtensionDesc[3] = '\0';
  return( TRUE );

}

DWORD WINAPI HttpExtensionProc( LPEXTENSION_CONTROL_BLOCK pECB )
{

  CHAR szOutput[] = "HTTP/1.0 200\r\n"
                    "<HTML>"
                    "<BODY>"
                    "<H1>Test Message</H1>"
                    "</BODY>"
                    "</HTML>";

  DWORD  dwLen = sizeof( szOutput ) - 1;

  pECB->WriteClient( pECB->ConnID, (LPVOID)szOutput, &dwLen, HSE_IO_SYNC );

  return( HSE_STATUS_SUCCESS );

}
>Fix:
Sorry, no.